Colorado: Days 1 & 2

I have had many people ask recently about our trip to Colorado (a.k.a. our honeymoon).  So I thought I'd share some of the things we did and pictures we took!

Day 1:  We drove out to Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Thankfully, Ben was able to drive the whole way....while I slept!  I had never been so exhausted in my life as I was after the wedding!  So, my amazing, new husband let me sleep for most of the trip!


But I did finally decide to wake up when we approached the gorgeous mountains!  

After we made it to Colorado Springs we ate at Cracker Barrel!  It was the best and most affordable meal we had!  I highly recommend it!  Ben and I were able to split a meal and still feel full for less than $10.


Day 2:  Ben and I went out and hiked around Garden of the Gods.  A friend pointed out to me that a better name for it would be Garden of My God.  I would have to agree.  It is a very beautiful creation!  After hiking in the heat, we headed farther south.  We ended up in Old Colorado City!  It was this very fun downtown area with lots of shops.  We saw a creamery and decided to stop for ICE CREAM!!!  It seemed like just the treat after being in the heat!  As you can see from the picture below, the creamery is this adorable little shop...but its prices are not so adorable.  We ended up paying $12 for not so great of ice cream.  Beware of places that make you pay by weight...






This is a picture taken from a trail behind the Garden
of the Gods park area.  All of the trails right around these rocks are paved...we wanted a little more adventure.  So, we were able to find a more interesting path to follow!   







Eating $12 ice cream!










...so not worth the $12.  Ben is still in shock at the cost!









Beware of this little place.  It looks really cute, but its prices are a little crazy!





Well this is all I'm going to share for now.  More days and pictures to come!  Stay tuned for the aquarium and scaling a mountain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am the 1 in 4

Welcome!!!

More Than Witnesses... Martyrs