Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tour of My Husker Classroom!!!

Well, another school year is about to being.  I'M SO EXCITED!!!  I will definitely miss having so much time on my hands, but I tend to get bored when I don't work.  So, I was able to spend the summer thinking of new ideas for my classroom and for teaching!  I already feel like this year has been 200% easier compared to last year.  It's so nice to have a year under my belt!  I wanted to share my classroom ideas with you through this blog!  I tried to go with Huskers, red, white, and black theme.  I also love the Chevron pattern, so I included a bunch of it throughout my room!  I LOVE things to match, so I love my new theme!

This is my classroom library and reading corner area.  I really wanted to make it a place where my students would feel comfortable and enjoy reading.


LEFT: My students have a new A.R. Goal each month, so that's what the bulletin board is for.  And these are all the books I have that students can choose from!









RIGHT: This is the actual reading corner.  I have a carpet laid down and lots of fun pillows.  The thing hanging above there is a light.  It just makes reading a little more fun!
















LEFT: My small part of the reading corner!






            BELOW:  ...just another filing cabinet

                               







       


LEFT: My supplies area: rulers, clocks, flash cards, pencils, highlighters, glue, scissors, colored pencils, crayons....everything you might need for a typical day of 5th grade...







RIGHT: An awesome HUSKER banner that I love!










LEFT:  My Hall Passes!  I love these hall passes!  Sometimes it can be so hard to keep track of all my students, but this will help.  I have this set up at the back of my room so I can always see which passes are missing.  I'm excited to use these!

RIGHT:  I will use this as a "Writer's Workshop" area.  The black and white signs are labeled with the steps of the writing process.  The red posters are proofreading marks.  Students will leave their writing piece under the correct label for the stage of writing they are in.  Did that make sense?





LEFT:  Front of the room!






RIGHT:  This area includes my objectives board, a reading board (the blank one), a calendar board (the border for it is on backorder), and a planner/math board.  I have A LOT of bulletin boards!  I haven't decided yet what I'll do on my reading board...leave me some ideas!

The tables are for my two desktop computers.



LEFT:  The area behind my desk.  I love all the storage space!  On the left portion of the shelves I have labels "Monday," "Tuesday," "Wednesday," "Thursday," "Friday."  This is the place where I lay out ALL the materials I will need for each lesson for the whole week.  I seriously love organization!



RIGHT:  The front of my desk...husker border ...yay!  AND I'm FINALLY "Mrs. Fisher!"    YAY!







LEFT:  Back view of my desk!





These filing cabinets (right) are my pride and joy!  They started out as an awfully ugly green color...as you can see on the left!  My darling husband helped me and taught me how to paint them!  The black is chalkboard paint.  The fronts are chevron pattern: white and burgundy.  They turned out so well!  I LOVE them!

















A few more pictures....sorry I'm just SO excited!


        

            That's all for now.  I hope you enjoyed your tour around my room.  I think I'm done for now....but you know us crazy teachers.  We're always thinking of something new to do!








No comments:

Post a Comment